Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Painting Pumpkins


These past few weeks have been awesome around our house.  The weather is changing to cooler temperatures with a few warm summer days thrown in for good measure but more than that, Ryan's had a light schedule these past few weeks which means he's home more often in the evenings to help with the girls and the daily routine.


There are many days when he leaves for work at 5am and gets home long after the girls, and even I, have gone to bed.  He works so hard for our family.  So when he's home in the evenings Abby knows it's a special treat.  One afternoon when I knew he was going to be home early I ran out to the store to grab paints and some small pumpkins for them to paint.


Abby was so excited when she walked in the door to see Daddy and we started setting up her painting station.  Often times I find the evening hours stressful with a need to get dinner on the table, get kids in the bath and pj's on and in bed in just the few short hours we have between getting home from daycare and bedtime.  But sometimes I remember to just take a breath, order pizza and enjoy those few short hours each evening I get with my girls. And pumpkin painting day was just one of those days!


Hazel even got in on the action.  She's getting stronger and better at sitting in the Bumbo and she LOVES to be to see what's going on around her.  And of course Abby loves having her little sister around to watch her antics.


Abby's favorite color is blue and she loves says "Mommy, blue and yellow make green" which she must be learning at Kelly's house.  She mixes them all. the. time. when we paint so she's really good at that color wheel portion.  The others, not so much!



I'm so glad I scrapped the usual evening routine this evening to just enjoy being together has a family!  I know that if there is one thing I'll regret as the girls get bigger it isn't going to be spending time together and making memories.  


No comments:

Post a Comment