Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The McGrath Family is Expanding AGAIN!


Yep, this happened.  Check out the newest addition to our family.  We just had our 20 week ultrasound today and I figure it was probably time to share the news with the world.  Yep, that's right.  I'm half way through this pregnancy and I couldn't be happier to add another little one to our family.  This little peanut is due July 5th.  Since Abby was a c-section we've chosen to go that route this time around as well.  It's still too early to schedule but if they let us, we'll choose July 4th for this little one's birthday.  I mean, how awesome would it be to have your birthday as a national holiday every year!  You're always off of work and there is always a party with fireworks!  I mean, it sounds pretty awesome to me!  We'll see.  Babies often have plans of their own (Abby was 2.5 weeks early).


Boy or girl? - Just like with Abby, we've chosen not to find out what we're having.  You'll find out right along with us come early July!!

Have you told Abby yet? - Yes, we've started working on her big girl room and started talking about the baby in Mommy's belly.  I can tell that she totally doesn't get it yet, but it's fun to watch her little brain working through it.  We've been asking Abby if she wants to have a brother or a sister and more often than not, she says sister.  Though, I'm not sure she even understands that concept yet either.  I've also been asking her what we should name the baby.  She's come up with some pretty interesting suggestions: Pumpkin, Pencil, Button....I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Have you thought about names? - Yep.  Since we aren't finding out the sex I don't mind sharing my name choices.  We've got the boy names set from Abby and they are still the same, Benjamin Aaron or Jacob Daniel.  The girl names are new.  So far we've pretty well narrowed it down to Hazel Frances or Molly (middle TBD).  

Are you going to cloth diaper? - Nope.  It didn't work out for us last time and I've since sold the diapers.  With Abby potty trained and down to diapers only at naps and bedtime I'm fine with going down that road again.

What about that photo project you did for Abby? - When I started that HUGE project for Abby I had lots of people warn me that if I did it for #1, be ready to do it for all the kids.  And of course I'll be doing it again for baby #2!!  So, like it or not, get ready for a second blog with way too many baby pictures coming your way every week.  If you're interested in contributing to the project, I'm looking for 1 yard of fabric for each week...so a grand total of 52 yards of fabric!!  And YES, I'll be quilting it all at the end for this baby too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment